Mardal Limited trading as The Adamson Restaurant & Bar & Bar (“we” “us” or “our”) is the Data Controller over any personal data we process about you for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We are committed to protecting your personal data and adhere to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing your personal data. If you have any concerns about our processing of your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is your personal data?
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
An example is your name and email address.
Special Category of Data: means personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
When we use the term ‘personal data’ we mean both personal data and special category of data.
An example is information about your health e.g. allergies.
What personal data are we processing about you, how do we collect it and what are we using it for?
- We collect and process your name, email address & telephone number
- We collect the information when you make a booking with us & when you subscribe to our newsletter
- We will only use your personal data so that we can make a reservation for you and contact you in case we need to cancel or amend your booking. We also keep a record of your visit with us and your details. Our legal basis for processing your personal data in this manner is that it is in our legitimate interests to be able to contact guests about their booking and to keep a record of those attending the Restaurant & Bar to streamline bookings should you wish to revisit us
- We may also use your information to send you our newsletter if you have subscribed to receive this on our website or otherwise. We will only do this if we already have a relationship (e.g. you have visited us) and you have not objected to receiving this communication and/or we have your consent.
- In some cases we may publish a photograph of you attending our Restaurant & Bar and publish this on our social marketing sites e.g. Facebook or Twitter. We will only do this if we have your consent.
- We may also collect some information about how you use the website through cookies. This information is used to enhance the functionality of our website and user experience.
Where do we keep your personal data?
All the personal data we hold about you is stored in [the UK]. We work hard to protect your personal data and have adopted appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep it safe from unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us via the internet; any transmission is at your own risk.
We use suppliers to process some of our guest data on our behalf e.g. by supplying us with a Restaurant & Bar booking system, creating our e-newsletter and sending marketing communications on our behalf. We ensure we have appropriate agreements in place with these service providers which provide for the protection of your personal data and which oblige the service providers to put in place appropriate measures to keep your data secure and only use your personal data according to our strict instructions
Otherwise, we will not share your personal data with any other organisation or third parties. An exception to this would be where our business is purchased by a third party or where we are required to share your personal data in accordance with law or any regulatory requirement to which we is subject.
No longer want to receive our e-newsletter?
If you no longer wish to receive communication from us e.g. our newsletter please e-mail us at email@example.com
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for only as long as need it to fulfil the above purposes
Does we make any automated decisions about you or profile your personal data?
We have summarised your rights below. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise these.
- If we are relying on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, at which point we shall stop processing your personal data in that way. Please note this does not affect the legality of our processing up to the date of your withdrawal of consent.
- You can seek to restrict our processing of your personal data, ask us to rectify any personal data we hold about you or object to us processing your personal data for the purposes stated above.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you think that we have infringed your rights. You can find more information about reporting a matter to the ICO at the following link: https://ico.org.uk
- You have the right to access personal data held by us about you.
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format to allow you (or us on your behalf) to transmit this information to another party. More information can be found at https://ico.org.uk
- In certain circumstances you have the right to ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you. Such circumstances include (a) where we no longer need your personal data for the purposes set out above; (b) if you withdraw your consent to our processing; (c) if you object to our processing based on our legitimate interest and we have no overriding legitimate grounds to continue processing your personal data; (d) if we process the data unlawfully; or (e) where the personal data has to be erased to comply with legal obligation to which we are subject. We will consider any such request in line with GDPR. Please note this is not an absolute right and there may be circumstances where we choose not to delete all of the personal data we hold about you. More information about your right of erasure can be found at https://ico.org.uk
Third Party Links
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these notices before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
Changes To Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be communicated to you in some manner.
Cookies are small text files which are placed on you computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owner of the site.
Cookies from our website
Our website will generate cookies in order for the website to work as expected. These will enhance features such as website search, optimising page loading, access to members areas and the ability to store items in a shopping cart.
Cookies from Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how website visitors use our website. We use this information to improve the service and experience we offer on this website. We do not collect any personal information (like your name or address). All of the information on website usage is anonymous.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across this and all websites by simply downloading this tool from Google.
Cookies from social media buttons